Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Squirrel!

After the success (completely in my own mind) of my first play writing attempt in recent years, I am off, again, scribbling a new one.  This a full length and, hopefully, funny play.  I have the outline all figured; plot twists, such as they are determined; a solid understanding of the characters and their motivations are outlined clearly.  Nice.  That took two days.  But the framework is there.  It just needs to write itself.  I just need to focus.

Wow, okay, what was that over there.  Look!  A friend of mine just posted on Facebook:

"Love don't need a reason, love don't always rhyme.
But love is all we have, for now. What we don't have is time.
~ Peter Allen

Wow, super sweet, considering it's Valentine's.  I really like the sentiment.  Nice.  I am going to 'like' this.

Oh wait, a talk by Noam Chomsky.  Facebook is so coolie.  Hmm, sound quality's not that good.  Best get back to...

Yikes!  Ten more tweets on Twitter.  Just a sec, here.  Extreme yurt building, what's going on with theatre in Toronto, a valentine's card from a version of Nunsense they're doing out there in Scarborough....  So much to read.  So little time.  Best get back to....  Oh, ten more tweets on Twitter....

Oh hee.  Just got poked on Facebook.

Whoops, it's getting pretty late in the day already.  Almost time for my daughter's guitar teacher (who happens to be an old friend) to remind me that she has a guitar class.  Best get the day rolling.   Shoot, I didn't get one word written on that play.

Well, at least I got a blog entry done and posted.  That's important.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment