Wednesday, August 24, 2011

About six months to go...

First thing, first.  How did the last go?

Seems like it went very well.  All posted reviews are five star.  Some exerpts:

"...you put on a great camp..."

"....wonderful summer camp experience..."

"...an original and thoughful idea..."

"...the added bonus was plenty of fresh air and free play time..."

I love positive reviews.  I know that most theatre people say they don't look at them but I do.  And when they are positive, they are fun.  Reviews of a summer camp, however, are a little different than reveiws of play (which are a bit like those many flavoured beans from  Harry Potter -- they might taste like chocolate or they might taste like ear wax but either way they are a light distraction).  The summer camp reviews tell me that the kids had some fun and the parents were happy with the format and execution.  And this is before I have been able to produce the end of camp film (stupid computer).  Nice. 

Looks like I won't be changing the approach much (though I might not opt for smaller more frequent blocks of outdoor time, depending on the weather) for the March Break.

So strangely, I don't have a blank page upon which to write as I did when I first came up with this idea, but more a solid framework upon which to build.  So, so.  In what shall I clad it?

But first, maybe I should do an official announcement that there will, in fact, be a March Break camp.  One step at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment